If you are looking for a long-term relationship or casual hookups, you might come across many popular dating sites and apps like AdultFriendFinder and Tinder. At first glance both AdultFriendFinder and Tinder look promising, this makes it challenging to choose which one to join and use. In my detailed article, I will discuss AdultFriendFinder vs Tinder, each site’s main pros and cons which I believe should help you to make your choice and become successful in your partner search.
Table of Contents
Andrew Conru founded AdultFriendFinder in 1996. The founder noticed the great interest of people seeking partners for casual hookups, so he created AdultFriendFinder.com.
The site has 80+ million members worldwide, with 70+ thousand new people joining daily.
AdultFriendFinder has become very popular among adults and continues to grow, which has helped the site to achieve several awards:
- In 2010 the website won the XBIZ Award for “Dating Program of the Year.”
- In 2012 the website was voted by About.com for “Best Adult Dating Site.”
- In 2022 the website won the XBIZ Award for “Dating Company of the Year.”
1.You can turn your thriving sexual desires into reality by just filling in the sign-up form for free in about 1-minute. But if you want to enjoy unlimited features such as live sex chat or free chat rooms, you have to upgrade your membership plan.
2.Therefore, at AdultFriendFinder, you can find the appropriate match as per your fantasy, gender, swingers, BDSM, free sex and dates, and many other sexual desires you may have.
3.Overall, this platform is one of the finest sex and swinger communities for making casual connections on the web. Whether you are straight, gay, lesbian, or searching for sexy men or women, you will find just about everything and anything that you want on AdultFriendFinder.com.
- Simple and clean user experience.
- Several search filters are available.
- Members’ blogs and communities.
- 24/7 mobile app connectivity.
- Selection of gamification features.
- Communication via web cameras and email.
- No checks for criminal records.
- Membership is automatically renewed, but you can cancel it at any time.
- No data-driven system for matches.
Tinder was launched in September 2012 by Sean Rad and is available in 190+ countries and 56 languages.
It has remarkable stats. In 2021, Tinder had 9.6 million subscribers, and 75 million active users monthly.
1.This online dating app was designed to allow people to choose the users they want to stay in touch with primarily on their profile picture, same as a “hot or not” rating.
2.In addition, Tinder allowed users to search for people based on their location. Thanks to this feature, Tinder has become one of the most sought-after “hookup” apps, as some members use it to connect with someone nearby for instant dating.
3.If you want to start with Tinder, log in with Gmail, Facebook, or a phone number, and the app will take all the required information from your profile account like location, gender, age, job, the list of friends, and the page you like.
4.All important functions such as messaging and matching are free. Besides, there are other options to upgrade memberships: Tinder Plus, Tinder Gold, and Tinder Platinum.
- Good variety of features.
- Fast registration.
- Location-based platform.
- Selection of gamification features.
- Easy to use.
- Limited features for non-paying user.
- No matching algorithm.
- Pricing based on age factor.
Comparison Table: AdultFriendFinder vs Tinder:
Before choosing which dating website is best for you, it’s important to compare the multiple options you have in mind.
Here I have provided you with a thorough comparison AdultFriendFinder.com vs Tinder.com so that it will be much easier for you to decide which of the dating sites is your best choice.
|Number of Members
|Age 20 – 55+
|Age 18 – 35+
|1 Month Membership: $30.00 per month
3 Month Membership: $20.00 per month
12 Month Membership: $15.00 per month
|Tinder Gold: $9.99 per month for a user 28 and under
Tinder Plus: $19.99 per month for users over 28
|Find Long Term Relationship
|24/7 Customer Support
|Safety and Security
- Mobile App:Tinder and AdultFriendFinder are available for both Android and iPhone users so that you can chat on the go or with busy schedules.
- Safety and Security:AdultFriendFinder is secured using SSL encryption, and the website adds additional safeguards to protect member data and host the information in a data center. Whereas for Tinder, you need to log in with a Facebook account to register, and even they don’t do a criminal background check.
- Customer Support:If you have any complaints, concerns, or questions regarding the Tinder service offering, you can contact the customer support number or send an email.
While AdultFriendFinder offers dating and sex advice, dating articles, and a comprehensive FAQ section that answers many questions. Also, you can contact their customer service via email or phone anytime you need help.
- Looking For:Both dating apps are good whether you’re looking for a casual or serious dating.
- Pricing:Tinder and AdultFriendfinder have free and paid subscriptions, so choose a plan as per your needs.
- Age Distribution: 50%+ of members on AdultFriendFinder are between 25 – 44 years. The leftover in 18-24 years and 45-54 years. Besides, 55+ years, but they don’t make up the majority.
While on Tinder, most users are between 18 – 25 years old and almost one-fourth belong to 25 – 35 years old.
Are you still confused between both options? AdultFriendFinder has 8 times higher number of members and operates worldwide. Tinder has interesting and easy feature of finding matches by swiping left or right your potential match and mostly operates in US.
If you are a part of a young crowed (18-30 years old) and live in US, the best approach would be to try both sites for a few days and see how you feel afterward.
However, if you are in a different group of users (30-50+ years old), AdultFriendFinder would be more suitable and effective and provide endless opportunities to fulfill your search and desires.
You never know – you could find someone pretty fast on Tinder by swiping left or right or from the webcam chat you had on AdultFriendFinder for a few days.
Thank you for reading our article “AdultFriendFinder vs Tinder – What to Choose?”
We would love to hear about your experiences using AdultFriendFinder or Tinder websites.
We believe others facing issues with choosing one of these sites will definitely appreciate and benefit from it.